How Do I Find A Good Dentist?
This is a very difficult questions to answer. Most people know whether they like their dentist but have little idea if their dentist is technically excellent. A reputation of a dentist among friends can be helpful but again that reputation may be based more on personality than technical skills. If you could only see the results and in a sense be a “fly on a wall” in an office for a day, it would help.
There are a few things that makes Dr. Bailey’s office more of a known entity in this regard. First, the loyalty of Dr. Bailey’s staff is a testament to their faith and belief in him. The majority of Dr. Bailey’s staff have been with him more than a decade each. As knowledgeable as his staff is about dentistry, they and their extended families come to Dr. Bailey for their care. With all the options for choosing local dentists, Dr. Bailey attracts patients throughout the state and even from distant states. Supporting specialists and dental labs also would place Dr. Bailey at the top of their list for outstanding dentists. The fact that many of Dr. Bailey’s dental suppliers and fellow dentists have selected him for their care is very telling. To add to this, Dr. Bailey has the rare distinction of being personally asked by the founder of the most trusted independent dental research group in the world to be an “Evaluator” of current dental technologies for that prestigious organization (Clinical Research Associates).
Many dentists can show you a book or DVD of treatment results performed by other dentists, but Dr. Bailey’s results are some of the finest anywhere and when you see photos of outstanding treatment results, in our office, you can be assured the photos are all cases that Dr. Bailey performed. Dr. Bailey knows choosing a dentist is not an easy task and that is why he offers free second opinion appointments to anyone who has a question about their options. Dr. Bailey is concerned that people make fully informed decisions and if it means he simply confirms a treatment plan from another dentist then that’s fine with him. However, most of the time we find that we are able to assist patients with a fuller understanding and broader range of options then they came in with.
Do you accept Dental Insurance?
What Can Be Done To Optimize A Smile?
Modern dentistry has so many options to help patients optimize their smile. With tooth whitening systems, orthodontics (braces), cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, zirconia crowns, bridges, and implants, the options to transform a smile are diverse. This is why our office believes it is important that we can provide them all. There are times where the best solution my be a orthodontic correction of a case but if you are in an office that only offers bonding you may find yourself with a treatment plan that reflects only the treatment they provide. The same is true if you are missing a tooth and the practice does not specialize in dental implants, you may only be given the option for a bridge.
Dr. Bailey’s office is very unique in that you will be given a full spectrum of options so you can make informed choices. We also have long standing relationships with the finest specialist in our area and we team up with these specialist whenever we feel it necessary to optimize a treatment result. The very month this is being written Dr. Bailey has had patients come for aesthetic, restorative, and implant dentistry from California, Florida, Arizona and Tennessee. Dr. Bailey and his staff routinely see patients from Ft. Collins to Pueblo and Boulder to Grand Junction. When you know you can trust someone to provide you with their very best, it is worth the travel.
What Are My Orthodontic Options?
Orthodontics is a fun and amazing area of dentistry. With today’s high-tech wires and porcelain brackets results can be achieved faster, more comfortably, more accurately and more attractively. Invisalign is also an innovative way to avoid “braces.” Invisalign appliances are clear, retainer-like, trays that move teeth, and can often be used instead of braces.
With the use of the latest technology treatment cases that once took two years now treat out in about 18 months. Due to the precision built into modern bracket systems the results are also more predictably stable providing a lifetime of beautiful smiles.
Since orthodontics is just one of the services Dr. Bailey provides you can be sure to have all your options open to you when it comes to evaluating your smile. Orthodontics, veneers, selective crowning of teeth, zirconia bridges and implants are all possible alternatives to making a beautiful smile. Each patient’s needs are unique and Dr. Bailey and his staff are experts in helping you decide what would be best for you.
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Improve My Smile?
If you’re feeling somewhat self-conscious about your teeth, or just want to improve your smile, cosmetic dental treatments may be the answer to a more beautiful, confident smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has become very popular in the last several years, not only due to the many advances in cosmetic dental procedures and materials available today, but also because patients are becoming more and more focused on improving their overall health. This includes dental prevention and having a healthier, whiter, more radiant smile.
There are many cosmetic dental procedures available to improve your teeth and enhance your smile. Depending on your particular needs, cosmetic dental treatments can change your smile dramatically, from restoring a single tooth to having a full mouth make-over. Let Dr. Bailey and his staff show you how you can improve the health and beauty of your smile with cosmetic dentistry.Cosmetic Procedures:
- Teeth Whitening: Bleaching lightens teeth that have been stained or discolored by age, food, drink, and smoking. Teeth darkened as a result of injury or taking certain medications can also be bleached, but the effectiveness depends on the degree of staining present.
- Composite (tooth-colored) Fillings: Also known as “bonding”, composite fillings are now widely used instead of amalgam (silver) fillings to repair teeth with cavities, and also to replace old defective fillings. Tooth-colored fillings are also used to repair chipped, broken, or discolored teeth. This type of filling is also very useful to fill in gaps and to protect sensitive, exposed root surfaces caused by gum recession.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are thin custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are bonded onto the fronts of teeth to create a beautiful individual smile. They can help restore or camouflage damaged, discolored, poorly shaped, or misaligned teeth. When compared to crowns, veneers require less tooth structure to be removed from the surface of the tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns (caps): A crown is a tooth-colored, custom-made covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. Crowns protect and strengthen teeth that cannot be restored with fillings or other types of restorations. They are ideal for teeth that have large, fractured or broken fillings and also for those that are badly decayed.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into the jaw to replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain crowns, bridges, and dentures can be made specifically to fit and attach to implants, giving a patient a strong, stable, and durable solution to removable dental appliances.
- Orthodontics: Less visible and more effective brackets and wires are making straightening teeth with orthodontics much more appealing to adult patients.
How Can Porcelain Veneers Improve My Smile?
Porcelain veneers are very thin shells of tooth-shaped porcelain that are individually crafted to cover the fronts of teeth. They are very durable and will not stain, making them a very popular solution for those seeking to restore or enhance the beauty of their smile.
Veneers may be used to restore or correct the following dental conditions:
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Slight tooth crowding
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
Getting veneers usually requires two visits. Veneers are created from an impression (mold) of your teeth that is then sent to a professional dental laboratory where each veneer is custom-made (for shape and color) for your individual smile.
In preparation for veneers the teeth are reduced to accommodate the thickness of the veneers. The veneers are carefully fitted and bonded onto the tooth surface with special bonding cements and occasionally a specialized light may be used to harden and set the bond. With today’s technology veneers are often a hybrid between a crown and a true veneer leaving a multitude of options that can transform a smile in just a few short weeks.
Veneers are an excellent dental treatment that can dramatically improve your teeth and give you a natural, beautiful smile.