Perfection in the Art of Dentistry
Colorado Precision Dentistry is a Highlands Ranch based General Dentistry practice that treats patients of all ages. We are committed to delivering the highest quality dental care using advanced technology and state-of-the-art dental equipment. We offer a full range of services including checkups, cleanings, cosmetic dentistry, crowns, implants, traditional orthodontics, Invisalign, bleaching, veneers, Botox, and more.
We also perform emergency dental services that include bonding, crowns, extractions, and various forms of emergency dental care. As a member of our community with local dentists, we create lifelong relationships with our patients and their families and work to ensure that they receive the finest care in a comfortable and relaxed environment. Dr. Bailey, Dr. Leyva, and our caring team invite you to schedule an appointment today by calling 303-481-0565 so you can experience why our patients think Colorado Precision Dentistry embodies “Perfection in the Art of Dentistry.” Patients come from near and far; from Highlands Ranch, other parts of Colorado, and beyond because they believe our care is worth the travel.
Why COPDO: What Makes Us Special
Highlands Ranch, CO
Many people know whether or not they like their dentist, but most have little idea if their dentist is technically excellent. The reputation of a dentist among friends can be helpful, but again that reputation is often based more on personality than technical skill. Finding a dental team that is both kind and technically exceptional should be your goal. If you could repeatedly see the end results of a dentist’s treatment, and in a sense be a "fly on the wall" in an office for a day, that would certainly help you to discern if the work being done is indeed exceptional.
At COPDO, we are confident that if you were a “fly on the wall” in our office, you would observe why COPDO is set apart. You would see many things that make Dr. Bailey and Dr. Leyva’s office and team special.
- Highly Trained: We are a team of highly trained professionals. The loyalty of Drs. Bailey and Leyva’s staff is evidence of the faith and belief in the care we collectively provide. The majority of the staff have been with the founding Doctor for more than a decade. They refer friends and family members to the practice, and even extend invitations to those out of state.
- Excellence and Consistency: While there is a plethora of dental care options available, Drs. Bailey and Leyva and the team attract patients throughout Colorado and beyond because of their excellent care and constant attention to detail and optimal results. Associate specialists and dental labs continually place Drs. Bailey and Leyva at the top of their list of outstanding dentists. In fact, many of the Drs.’ dental suppliers and fellow dentists select the team at COPDA for their own care.
- State of the Art: Years ago, Dr. Bailey had the rare distinction of being personally asked to be an “evaluator” by the founder of the most trusted independent dental research group in the world – Clinical Research, Inc. As a seasoned evaluator, Dr. Bailey helps assess new products and technologies before they hit the market. This keeps Dr. Bailey and Dr. Leyva “in the know” so they can be both progressive and discerning when it comes to offering the newest technologies and treatments to their valued patients.
- Proven Results: Many dentists can show you a book or DVD of treatment results performed by other dentists, but Drs. Bailey and Leyva’s results are some of the finest available. When you see photos of these doctors outstanding treatment results, you can be assured the resulting photos are all cases that they performed in-house.
- Second Opinions: Drs. Bailey and Leyva know choosing the right dentist is important but not always easy; this is why they offer free second-opinion appointments to anyone who has concerns about their care, has a question, or just wants to make sure they have evaluated all their options. The Doctors want their patients to make fully informed decisions, even if it means simply confirming a treatment plan from another dentist. Many times the Doctors find that they are able to give patients a fuller understanding and broader range of options than they previously thought available.
Precision: Enhancing Your Smile
Modern dentistry has many options to help patients optimize their smile. With tooth whitening systems, orthodontics (braces or Invisalign), cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, zirconia crowns, bridges, and implants, the easy and affordable options to transform a smile are numerous and diverse. Our office provides all these services so that you have many options readily available and can make the best choice for your personal care. There are times when the best solution to your dental needs may be an orthodontic correction; however, if you are in an office that only offers a single solution (like bonding), you will be limited to only the treatments they provide. Or for example, if you are missing a tooth and the practice does not specialize in dental implants, you may only be given the option for a bridge. Not all situations are equal, and we think it is essential that individual’s needs be uniquely determined.
At COPDO you will be given a full-spectrum, comprehensive description of treatment options so you can make informed choices. We have long standing relationships with the finest specialist in our area and we work seamlessly with these specialists whenever we feel it necessary to optimize a treatment result.
Our expert care is evidenced by the fact that patients come for aesthetic, restorative, and implant dentistry from California, Florida, Arizona, and Tennessee. Dr. Bailey, Dr. Leyva and the staff routinely see patients from Ft. Collins to Pueblo and Boulder to Grand Junction. When you know you can trust someone to provide you with their very best, it is worth making the trip.
Precision: Orthodontic Options
Orthodontics is a fun and amazing area of dentistry. With today's high-tech wires and porcelain brackets, results can be achieved faster, more comfortably, more accurately, and more attractively. Often others won’t even know you are wearing braces! And, if you are a candidate for Invisalign you will be able to avoid traditional "braces" altogether. Invisalign appliances are clear, retainer-like trays that move teeth, and can often be utilized instead of braces in many situations. Invisalign is best suited for adults and teens that are highly responsible.
With the use of the latest technology, whether it be traditional braces or Invisalign treatment, cases that once took two years can often be completed in 18 months or less. Due to the precision built into modern bracket systems, the results are now more predictable, more stable, and therefore can provide a lifetime of beautiful smiles.
Since orthodontics is just one of the services Drs. Bailey and Leyva provides, you can be sure all options will be presented and discussed with you when it comes to evaluating your smile. Orthodontics, veneers, selective crowning of teeth, zirconia bridges, and implants are all possible alternatives to creating, enhancing, and beautifying your smile. Each patient's needs are unique, and Drs. Bailey and Leyva and their amazing staff are experts in helping you evaluate and decide what is best for you.
Precision: Cosmetic Dentistry
If you’re feeling somewhat self-conscious about your teeth, or just want to improve your smile, cosmetic dental treatments may be the answer to a more beautiful, confident smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has become very popular, not only due to the many advances in cosmetic dental procedures and materials available today, but also because patients are becoming more and more focused on improving the appearance of their smile. Cosmetic enhancements coupled with dental prevention can lead to a healthier, whiter, more radiant smile.
There are many cosmetic dental procedures available to improve your teeth and enhance your smile. Depending on your particular needs, cosmetic dental treatments can change your smile dramatically, from restoring a single tooth to having a full mouth makeover. Let one of our doctors and our staff show you how you can improve the health and beauty of your smile with cosmetic dentistry.
- Teeth Whitening: Bleaching lightens teeth that have been stained or discolored by age, food, drink, and smoking. Teeth darkened as a result of injury or taking certain medications may also be bleached, but the effectiveness depends on the degree of staining present.
- Composite (tooth-colored) Fillings: A tooth-colored filling used in both the front and back of the mouth. There are times a tooth can be modified in color and shaped to affect the cosmetics of the smile. Although not as visible on posterior teeth, composite fillings can be used to replace old gray silver fillings or to fill newer cavities with something that matches the tooth color. Tooth-colored fillings are also frequently used to repair chipped, broken, or discolored teeth. This type of filling can also be useful to fill in gaps between teeth, and to protect sensitive, exposed root surfaces caused by gum recession.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are thin custom-made, tooth-colored shells that are bonded onto the front of anterior teeth to create a beautiful individual smile. They can help restore or camouflage damaged, discolored, poorly shaped, or misaligned teeth. When compared to crowns, veneers require less tooth structure to be removed from the surface of the tooth. Veneers were once an optimal way to gain the best esthetics, however new crown technology allows for the same level of esthetics but with greater strength than veneers. Both procedures can create beautiful results and a discussion with our doctors can help determine what is best for you. Remember, we don’t charge for a second opinion so please call and let us review your goals with you.
- Porcelain Crowns (caps): A crown is a tooth-colored, custom-made covering that encases the entire tooth surface restoring it to its original shape and size. Crowns protect and strengthen teeth that cannot be restored with fillings or other types of restorations. They are ideal for teeth that have large, fractured or broken fillings and also for those that are badly decayed. Newer crown materials now have the strength of metal crowns of the past put with a beautiful and natural appearance.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial roots that are surgically placed into the jaw to replace one or more missing teeth. Porcelain crowns, bridges, and dentures can be made specifically to fit and attach to implants, giving a patient a strong, stable, and durable solution to removable dental appliances.
- Orthodontics: Less visible and more effective brackets and wires are making straightening teeth with orthodontics much more appealing to all patients and clear aligners like Invisalign have dramatically changed the options for adult patients wanting to straighten their teeth. Teens also can consider Invisalign if they are highly responsible.
Precision: Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are very thin shells of tooth-shaped porcelain that are individually crafted to cover the fronts of teeth. A properly fabricated veneer will likely need to cover all surfaces of a tooth for optimal esthetics. Too often if veneers only cover the front of the tooth stain will develop around the edge of a veneer and this becomes visible in the smile and less attractive in time. Optimally, veneers really should go between the teeth to the tongue side so there is no chance of stain ruining the esthetics of the smile. Newer crown material now rivals the esthetics of veneers but are much stronger and should be considered.
Veneers or the newer crown material may be used to restore or correct the following dental conditions:
- Severely discolored or stained teeth
- Unwanted or uneven spaces
- Worn or chipped teeth
- Slight tooth crowding
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that are too small or large
Getting veneers or crowns usually requires two visits. Veneers and crowns are created from an impression (mold) of your teeth that is then sent to a professional dental laboratory where each restoration is custom-made (for shape and color) for your individual smile.
In preparation for veneers or crowns the teeth are reduced to accommodate the thickness of the veneer or crown. The veneers are carefully fitted and bonded onto the tooth surface with special bonding cements and occasionally a specialized light may be used to harden and set the bond. With today's technology veneers should be a hybrid between a crown and a true veneer leaving better long-term esthetics. Veneers and the newer crown materials can transform a smile in just a few short weeks. Remember we offer free opinion appointments, so come on in and let’s talk.
You can prepare for a dental implant restoration and make the placement procedure easier. Many patients have questions about how to deal with anxiety and not feeling prepared the night before. This review offers tips for the night before treatment to help you deal with any anxiety or physical needs you may have. A few tips…
Sleep apnea makes it difficult to stay asleep throughout the night and often leads to fatigue during the day, along with other negative health consequences. Fortunately, there is an effective way to treat sleep apnea with oral appliance treatment. This is a collection of common questions about oral appliance treatment for sleep apnea and their…
Emergency dentistry focuses on treating dental issues that require immediate care, like an abscess. An abscess is a pocket of pus that forms due to a bacterial infection in a tooth. Some abscesses form at the tip of a tooth’s root, while others form in gum tissues around the infected tooth.An abscess can be quite…
Sleep apnea and dentistry have a lot of crossover that many are surprised to hear. The oral cavity is often what causes sleep apnea, which makes a dentist an expert at detecting, diagnosing and treating this common condition. Without treatment, patients are at risk of loss of oxygen and long-term damage to the oral cavity.…
One of the most commonly recommended types of treatment for teeth grinding are night guard. If symptoms of nighttime teeth grinding develop, it is encouraged to visit a dentist for treatment. Along with addressing the underlying causes of teeth grinding, a night guard is a great way to protect teeth and the jaw from becoming…